Saturday, March 28, 2020

The Creation of Mother Nature

For the past couple of years, I've been working to build a farm, and for many years prior to that I was spending all my time racing bicycles, or training to race bicycles, so I've been outside in snow, rain, mud, snow and blazing heat every day. In the past few years, I've been out in the woods hiking around and observing nature, or digging around in a garden with hands on work and trying to let the patterns I observe just soak into the non-verbal part of my brain.

That understanding is really contrary to the technocrat view of the world we see on display through the spread of the "Covid-19" disease. The top-down central planning world, is a creation and reflection of formal language based systems. They're really alien to Nature.

Nature is benevolent, but she's benevolent to all her creations, including fungi, viruses and bacteria, which is hard for people to understand or to accept, especially in extreme circumstances and conditions. When I was a kid, I had a few different brushes with severe illness where I suffered for days with fevers or sickness. When I was in college, I got a debilitating case of mononucleosis and had to go to the hospital for a couple of days. In recent years, I've had a couple of brushes with death via a car accident and a severe bicycle wreck.

It's hard to accept the necessity of all that mess for our life. We wouldn't be here if there weren't sickness and death and suffering. The consolation for that occasional pain and misery is pleasure, and joy, and experience and life itself. Nature's benevolence is, I believe, not actually purely balanced, like some accountant's book of good versus bad, she appears to be actually as good as possible. She's a cook in a kitchen who made the best of what she had. Without the fungi and microscopic life, there's no plants, and there's no humans, for example.

One brand of religious belief holds that her recipe is flawed in some basic way, and can be completely replaced to match their whims and tastes, but this notion is simply incorrect. The Towers of Babel they inevitably attempt to build, also inevitably fall.

Are we meant to live as animals, though, and not build anything, nor attempt to "improve" on her plan? Of course not. We've got our limited intelligence and capability to arrange things to our benefit. If those plans were more in concord with her ways, I think they'd be less prone to failure and devastating collapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment