Sunday, July 10, 2022

Salt Dust Cured my Cough

 I had covid-19 a few weeks ago. It was a flu or cold or whatever you want to call it. I was in bed for two days, then tired one day, then I had a nagging cough and congestion for several days. The cough was really annoying. Maybe I had a minor upper respiratory infection.

I had a similar cough years ago when I was in college after a cold/flu thing. I coughed for a month or so after otherwise fully recovering. It was very annoying too. I was not eager to repeat that, so I looked around for a solution to this problem. I thought maybe some type of vaporizer might help so I started to look around online.

I stumbled into the "salt" treatment. It sounded like total bullshit. Companies sell small ceramic pots that hold chunky salt crystals. They have holes on the bottom where the salt chamber is, and a larger outlet on top. You can inhale salt dust using the contraption. They're cheap, so I thought I'd give it a try. A couple of doctors promote them.

Amazingly the thing worked. I inhaled some salt dust. It made me cough a little bit for any hour, but that was it. It seems like the salt really does something, like kill bacteria or whatever.

I wonder if people who live in coastal towns with a dry climate have few respiratory problems. Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment