Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Civilizations as a Particular Blend of Consciousness

There are many industries in the United States that are based on long term household debt and a maze of contracts and corporate relationships. Real estate, universities/colleges, trailer parks, cars, are some examples.

For a lot of people, including me, assuming the burden of relatively large debt is a coming of age ritual. The debt is a direct road to the 9-5 rat race grind.

When I was in my early twenties and that rat race was starting up, I was acutely aware that I was just following some script that had nothing to do with my wishes or will, but I was too uninformed to know if there were any other options.

The corporate/consumer society we have in the US is really a product of people's consciousness. People have lost the struggle against the corporate, collective insect-will.

No comments:

Post a Comment