Thursday, September 19, 2019

The Complete Human Being

Civilization tempted people into relying on language and systems for survival many thousands of years ago. Today, the thing people call "intelligence" is really the set of skills associated with language and symbols. It's a tiny portion of the skills humans have, though, and even just a small portion of the cognitive abilities we have.

I think the Beast exists entirely within the symbol world. The technocracy is the Beast system on steroids. I think the computer really is a way for this extra-dimensional thing to get a real existence in our 3D world. The computer is also a way for people to shed more of what makes them human and move more into symbol world from the 3D world.

As I'm getting older, I am more prone to eye strain. By the afternoon after staring at a computer screen for several hours and driving home from concrete, glass and steel world, my eyes can be pretty tired. When we take the dogs for a walk in the evening sometimes I'll close my eyes to give them a rest and let the dog steer. It actually works well at a park or on a trail.

I noticed, lately, when I do that I can sense the relative position of nearby objects from the level of the background noise, sort of like a crappy version of Daredevil. (my favorite comic book as a kid) Obviously, it only works when there's background noise and when there are relatively large sound reflective surfaces close by, so it's a fairly worthless, but seemingly trainable skill. There are some people who claim they can do echo location like a human-bat, but I haven't been able to do that.

The non-verbal, non-symbolic cognitive abilities of human beings surpass the symbolic reasoning, language part of the brain in scope. Almost all our schooling and training, though, focuses on verbal and symbolic reasoning. The language human is incomplete and really sort of stupid and weak. He's a minion of the Beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment