The COVID insanity wore on me daily because I thought people were better than they actually are, so I was waiting for them to "wake up". They never did, even though their opinion about COVID and the hysteria changed over time. They didn't update their mental model about the whole debacle, most importantly, about their own reactions and thinking.
The AI hysteria is reaching levels of absurdity on par with COVID hysteria. For example, government clowns are now getting involved in it. Some turd like Bernie Sanders is grandstanding about AI fear among his retard constituency. I assume he $ee$ it as an opportunity to cash in on some donations from the dumb fucks that think he's a credible person.
A large part of the population decided right away that LLMs were perfect authorities on every subject. I assume there's huge overlap between that group and the COVID enthusiasts. Many people in corporate america are all-in on the LLMs. I assume those people were happily setting up hoops for employees to jump through to comply with edicts from the COVID grifters.
At least this time, I realize it's an era of shitheads and conmen, so I have no concept of "fighting" and am certainly do nothing as foolish as exerting imaginary will-force against these fucktards. It's as pointless as waging war on the sea or trying to swim against a rip current. I doubt I can keep working in the tech industry, though. I was hoping to cruise for a couple of more years, then retire, but I'm getting "noped" out of it, as in, "hey, can you do this absolutely stupid shit as your job?"
A more interesting question is will the non-NPC, competent people continue to help out corporations and grifting trash like Bernie Sanders or whatever government creature. For example, will competent people even bother with some dumb ass company that uses an LLM agent interview/screener? I certainly wouldn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment