Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Julius Caesar Still has a PR Department

I always enjoyed my history classes in school and ended up reading as much as I could about it on my own. I had a copy of the Penguin Atlas of World History that ended up falling apart because I read it so much. The semi-worshipful tone of scholarly works on figures like Caesar or Churchill didn't strike me as odd until I was an adult.

I read the pop biography of Winston Churchill The Last Lion when I was in college and that one sort of opened my eyes. World War I was one of the dumbest things that ever happened, and Churchill was front row/center in the retardation.

Caesar isn't even dust anymore he's been dead such a long time, but he's stil a superhero that's dutifully worshipped by quite a lot of people.




No comments:

Post a Comment