Thursday, November 10, 2016

Three Cheers for the Weird People

Ratatoskr
In my day to day life I'm a normie. Clean living, unassuming dress, no outward signs of the churning cauldron of my mind and the vivid scenes that play in my mind's eye. I regularly have discussions with other similar people on social media where our deep inner strangeness comes to the surface. Social media (especially twitter) is like the world's campfire. We gather around it and speak in strange analogies and try to conjure the true poetry of the world into a few terse words and phrases.

In my discussion, I try to keep the course of my words trim and neat and keep a tether attached to my old training in science, but I appreciate the people who dance out there into the truly deep weirdness, and appreciate the people who aren't afraid to offend or aggrieve as they try to tap into the deepest secrets of creation.

Analogy and metaphor, images and symbols make us like Ratatoskr the red squirrel of Norse myth running up and down the tree of the world. Bringing back the tales of the gods doings to the people with our squeaks and tweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment